On grid w/battery (was non wrenches) [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Mon May 27 19:20:01 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Davidson [mailto:joeldavidson at earthlink.net]
Subject: Re: On grid w/battery (was non wrenches) [RE-wrenches]

<snip> Of course, I'd have to change inverters unless Xantrex figures
out how
to get the SW4048 to max power point track when on the grid and function
as a
UPS in stand-alone mode during grid outages.

Hey Joel,
  Keep your eye on our friends at Outback. Their new FX2000 inverter
looks like it'll do everything we've ever wanted an inverter to do, plus
a few tricks we haven't even thought of yet. Their MX60 charge control
is an MPPT unit. Put 'em together and what have you got? Heh, you've
either got the greatest thing since sliced bread, or suspicious new
hardware that nobody's tried yet. Depends on your viewpoint. This is
basically the engineering team that gave us the SW five years ago. The
FX is the result of five-years field testing and a fresh-sheet-of-paper
design effort. Personally, I think it's going to be a whole new step up,
and most of us will never look back. I also expect some rough edges and
glitches initally.

Get the intro at Outback's forum:
 http://www.outbackpower.com/cgi-bin/Forum/ultimatebb.cgi

Cheers,