Non wrenches [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sun May 26 16:03:53 PDT 2002

1) I will start a separate discussion group when postings from Japanese and German
PV installers become overwhelming. Has anyone on this list ever talked or written to
a Japanese or German PV installer?
2) Many postings here are about code issues and system design that directly relate
to grid-tie PV.
3) Estimated U.S. grid-tie PV in 2001 is 10 MW with 80% in California. 15 MW of
grid-tie PV is projected for the entire U.S. for 2002.
4) The percentage of California non-battery PV systems has increased, but I don't
have specific numbers. Between the March 20, 1998 California PV rebate program start
through May 29, 2001, 1,905 residential and commercial PV systems received rebates.
30% were owner-installed. 70% were contractor installed. I estimate 70% of the
owner-installed systems and definitely more than 10% of the contractor installed
systems have SW4024 or SW4048 inverters.

"Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar" wrote:

> It sounds great but...and this is just my .02¢.. assuming just a few % of
> the Japanese and German wrenches joined it would make this list really big,
> I'd say too big.  Plus, I suspect that most of those systems are
> batteryless/grid tied.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm