Non wrenches [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sun May 26 13:38:56 PDT 2002

It sounds great but...and this is just my .02¢.. assuming just a few % of
the Japanese and German wrenches joined it would make this list really big,
I'd say too big.  Plus, I suspect that most of those systems are
batteryless/grid tied.  It would not serve them well to wade though our
postings related to battery based systems with equipment that we will most
likely never see.  And conversely, my feeling, is that many of the wrenches
on this list still are mostly doing battery based/off grid systems with
little or no growth towards grid tied batteryless systems.  Is is accurate
to say that 90+% of the batteryless systems are being installed in CA?

No where in my four state service area is the any perceptible (purchasing)
interest in batteryless systems and the foreseeable future offers no change.

Perhaps a new list, specifically for batteryless systems would be more in
order and would make a lot of sense.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services
----------
>From: Joel Davidson <joeldavidson at earthlink.net>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Non wrenches [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Sun, May 26, 2002, 12:34 PM
>

>Experience counts. Last year Japanese wrenches installed 110 MW of grid-tied PV
>including 20,000 approx. 3 kW residential installations. German wrenches
>installed 75 MW of grid-tied PV. In just one year they did more than the total
>U.S. installed inspected PV systems. Aside from language differences, is there
>any reason why there are no German and Japanese wrenches on this list? What can
>we do to recruit input from Japanese and German wrenches?
>
>Dana Orzel wrote:
>
>> The dilemma of non wrenches and non wrench salesmen is based on lack of
>> installation and material selection experience. Experience teaches lessons.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com