Safety at 600v [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Sun May 26 06:10:23 PDT 2002

> this is a WRENCH list. You come here to
>glean our bloody knuckled knowledge and then you "diss" us?
>BLOW IT OUT YOUR BUTT!
>How's that for specious personation?
>Michael, I vote for this non-Wrench person to be gone. Anyone else?
>Bob-O
>

>yet the
>>overwhelming success of these people may prove that the necessity and value
>>of "qualified installers" is perhaps (dare I say) over-rated.
>>Douglas B. Bath,
>>Senior Technical Advisor
>>Gaiam- Real Goods & Jade Mountain

Doug, Just because it works, that doesn't mean its safe or a success. I
could get my Staber washing machine to run on a power cord made out of
barbed wire. If I called you to say it was working, would I get an
"overwhelming success" sticker too? I  work with do-it-yourselfers all the
time with unsafe systems. Their attitude is "its worked fine for years, why
should I put in fuses?"
While I don't second Bob-O's specious personation, I do second his vote
that Non-wrenches not be allowed on the list.

Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm