SW fault [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson, Free Power Ltd. freepower at freepower.co.nz
Fri May 10 22:34:17 PDT 2002

Hi there,

I was out at a site today that has been in flawless service as a 'stand alone'
for about 5 years.

The client has just had the grid connected and I programmed the SW for LBX mode.

When I tested the LBX cutting in I noticed the AC1 meter reading was 'hunting'
over a wide AC voltage range and not reading the grid volts correctly. It was
cycling continually from 175 to 260 volts on a 240 volt system.

Because of this the SW failed to synchronize with the grid and refused to come
on charge.

Is this a common fault ?

I noticed the AC2 was also 'hunting' and not giving a stable reading of the
generators output. We managed to bet the generator to sync. so that saved the
embarrassment of a flat bank.

I would be interested to know what causes this fault if anyone knows.

Thanks

Carl Emerson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com