Inverter Power Ratings [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at jps.net
Tue Apr 30 07:34:08 PDT 2002

So here is my question.... what IS the safe continuous level to operate the
SW4024 at in a grid-tie application? Would one derate say 10%?

I somehow thought 4 kW was the "continuous power handling level", and that the
surge capacity was intermittent. That if over loaded, the inverter would
automatically drop back to protect itself, or shut down in an error condition
from excessive loading.

Most motors have information them detailing duty cycle if not 100%. I would
expect other electrical/electronic devices that are not rated at 100% would
have some kind of information on them indicating their service derating.

Todd

> >Hi Don and all.
> >
> >Been gone and just returned to this thread.
> >
> >I agree with Don and kent.  Makes no sense to push the inverter, any
> >inverter. I mean I wouldn't recommend someone to run a SW4024 at 4kw for
> >all day.
> >
> >Peace,
> >jay

- - - -