Trace Charge Controller Ratings [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Sun Apr 28 16:33:10 PDT 2002

At 12:03 PM 4/28/02 -0700, Chris Worcester wrote:

>For the large system you're designing I like the layout as it eliminates
>separate fused disconnects at each charge controller. Do you have fusing on
>the array side of the charge controller?
>
>Sincerely,

Chris:

I am relying on the fuses within the Connect PCB-10 combiner boxes.  The
Class T protects up to the QOU breakers in the custom combiner, the QOUs
protect up to the PCB-10 and the individual arrays are protected by the
PCB-10 combiner fuses.

John Berdner of SMA wrote an intriguing paper on interpretation of string
fuse requirements and presenting scenarios in which string fusing is not
required.  I did not even perform the calculations on this job as I want to
be able to isolate each series string for testing.  Kyocera has had some
quality problems and this will allow the testing needed for assurance.

Thanks for the comments.

William Miller

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
http://millerpowerandcomm.com
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
                                    H. L. Mencken

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com