Trace Charge Controller Ratings [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Sun Apr 28 12:03:10 PDT 2002

Bill wrote:

 It seems to me that you need something to protect yourself
and the equipment in case, for example, you drop a wrench in one of the
charge controllers.  Is there any over-current protection between the
battery bank and the DC buss in your designs? Or between the DC buss and
the charge controllers?

Hi Bill,

This is one of my gripes with the DC175 & DC250, that there isn't any fusing
or disconnect between the battery & the charge controller.

I've been installing a 2 pole single throw fused disconnect on each charge
controller I install with a 30 or 60 amp fuse between it and the battery &
the charge controller and the array.

For the large system you're designing I like the layout as it eliminates
separate fused disconnects at each charge controller. Do you have fusing on
the array side of the charge controller?

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
www.solarwindworks.com
Toll Free: 877-682-4503 Fax: 530-582-4603
"Proven energy solutions"

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm