Colorado net metering [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Apr 23 12:36:16 PDT 2002

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services wrote at 11:59 AM 04/23/2002 -0700:

>Yeah, PP&L tried that BS here in N CA. With net metering there is absolutely NO need for expensive dual metering or dual register digital metering. Their $500.00 fee for the special meter was in violation of the California net metering law, but it took litigation on my behalf by the state PUC to get them to change their policy... sigh. And people wonder why we sometimes say the utilities are bad guys.

But, had PP&L not been a public utility, you would have gotten nowhere with litigation.

It appears that Allan's only recourse is education of the utility.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."
			Lily Tomlin

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com