Kyocera quality concern [RE-wrenches]

Engineering Services Co. esco at revolutionearth.com
Tue Apr 23 06:30:35 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
We recently received our first shipment of Kyocera 120 modules for an upcoming
job. We were a little concerned when we opened the boxes up and inspected
the modules. The back Tedlar sheet has many, many sharp peaks probably at
the solder junctions between cells. When we were at PVUSA training we seem
to recall that many of the module failures were caused by these sharp points
puncturing the rear backing and allowing moisture into the module.

Am I overly concerned? Any field related experience to pass on is welcome.

Ken

Ken & Chris Hulet
Engineering Services Co.
P.O. Box 4