How would you handle this situation? [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Wed Apr 17 18:43:58 PDT 2002

Hi Joel,

  We've had a least a couple cases like this in the past year. Customers
got tired of sending their ST units back and forth to Xantrex (and after
some negotiating) we swapped them out for Sunny Boys. (hey, you might as
well name names, we all know who and what we're talking about). We gave
a straight-across trade for the inverter, and sold them the high-voltage
disconnect at cost. We lost money, yes, but it was the honorable thing
to do.

  We DO have a good stock of 'fully upgraded and reconditioned' ST-2500
units now, that Trace will NOT accept as a return. Honor is running a
little short at the manufacturer end it seems.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
Real Goods Technical Editor