furnace [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Wed Apr 17 14:35:46 PDT 2002

Hi Kurt,

Check out http://www.aceee.org/consumerguide/topfurn.htm

You will find a radical difference in seasonal kWh consumption for furnaces
with the same efficiency rating.  I did some research on this a few months
back and it appears the main factor in seasonal kWh consumption is from
using 2 speed or variable speed blower motors.  My research was for my own
grid connected home.

Watch out about trying to run new furnaces with inverters (even SW's).  I
know of several examples where the unit won't work.  A variable speed blower
motor might have some real problems as well.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm