Taco pump replacements [RE-wrenches]

Peter Talmage ptalmage at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 06:18:04 PST 2002

Dear Bob,

The 0010 Taco might be a little hard to replace as
most DC circulators are much lower in flow rate.
Dankoff Solar  may have a small DC centrifugal unit
with a high temp pump head that would work. As for the
007 pump, we have for years found that the small
brushless 10 watt DC El-Sid pump does an adequate
replacement job. The 007 is usually way overkill for
most of the zones they get put on so dropping down to
a pump with less head and gpm still works. With the
007 at around 80 watts peak, the 10 watt El-Sid can
save a lot of energy even if it runs double time. If
you do need more flow Hartell's MD-10-HEH brushless DC
pump will give twice the flow at the same head @ 15
watts. However, the MD-10- HEH operates well at 15
volts DC so on a 24 volt system you'll need a DC to DC
converter.

Yours,  Peter Talmage

--- "Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems"
<ellison at gisco.net> wrote:
> I have a customer who is starting to listen to me on
> cutting power use. Why
> do they always wait?
>
> We need a replacement for 2 types of pumps both Taco
> units.
> The big one is a 0010-F3
> and the other 3 are 007-F5
>
> What are the efficient replacements? What can I
> expect for an improvement?
> His system is 24 volt with a DR inverter, running DC
> is not a problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

http://greetings.yahoo.com