Solar Storage Via Hydrogen [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Fri Feb 8 09:01:02 PST 2002

Scott. Looks like my article in Home Power didn't reach as large an
audience as I thought.
See issue # 85
I listed two of the top companies supplying commercial electrolyzers
that can be used for h2 production.
www.protonenergy.com
www.stuartenergy.com

Just be aware that h2 has low energy density per unit volume.
Low pressure = low energy storage.
I am now working on a PEM electrolyzer to be used as a shunt charge
controller.
Proton has PEM electrolyzers that can self generate pressures to 2000
psi and they are even working on reversible electrolyzer/fuel cells.
Water and electrons in and h2-02 out. H2-O2 in and electrons out.
It's a beautiful thing to see.

In regard to the naysayers (you guys know who you are)
this form of PV energy storage will become very common.
It is a natural evolution and with larger and larger array's will become
an essential part of most systems.
As Edith Ann always said "And dats da trutttttt!"

Larry Elliott