Contracts [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Jan 15 14:09:40 PST 2002

Two things. This seems important, so:
1. If someone is willing to compile these into one document that can be posted for download I will find a place and provide a link to it, and
2. I can see some valuable discussions happening around this subject. Let me encourage that, but on the RE-Markets list.

For those of you that are not already on that list you can subscribe by sending a message to RE-Markets-subscribe at topica.com

Phil Undercuffler wrote at 02:38 PM 01/15/2002 -0600:

>One of the projects that has been burning a hole on one corner of my desk is
>compiling a good standard contract for this line of work.
>
>My goal is to get onto paper what we do, how we do it, what we expect of the
>client and what they can expect of us, how we bill and how we get paid.
>Something that takes all those little niggling things and gets them down on
>paper, so the only surprises down the road are good surprises.
>
>If any wrenches care to share offlist contracts they use in their business,
>any insights, any contractual concerns then I would be glad to compile them
>and make them available to the group.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Children are born with an innate sense of justice; it usually takes 12 years of public schooling and 4 more years of college to beat it out of them."
			Edward Abbey

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com