Ballasted panel mounting [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 2 16:27:43 PST 2002

Bob,
The ConSole ballast pan
http://www.ibc-solar.de/english/html/Untermenues/produkte/kunststoffwannen/CONSOLEE.PDF
will work on very strong flat roofs. Most "flat" roofs in SoCal are 1 in
12 pitch and not strong enough to support a lot of ballast. The 4 kg.
weight is just the tub so you have to factor in the gravel ballast in
the equation. Be prepared to spend time and money on structural
engineering to convince the building department that ConSole will work
here. Powerlight PV systems in Anaheim, L.A. and elsewhere in SoCal
weigh under 7 pounds per square foot and have steel cables tying the
perimeter ballasted pans together to make the array a monolithic block.
Best regards,
Joel Davidson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm