SB2500 Display Panel issues revisited [RE-wrenches]

asap at podnine.com asap at podnine.com
Mon Dec 30 11:38:10 PST 2002

Kent, John, Matt,

Thanks for words on the display panel issue on right side inverter of a pair.  Here's the rest of the story:  the left side inverter commenced normally to begin with, while we discovered right side inverter problem as discussed, but on the second day the left side did not wake up with the
right side inverter, which continued to operate normally.  Homeowner reported this and we walked him through  ecommence for both sides/system, and left side's display came back on again, all normal.  I do not know if the left side's green light was on during that time, on that ccasion.

So the week goes by and apparently things were looking normal during this time, but the Homeowner admittedly was just checking to make sure the meter was spinning backwards when he felt it should have been and said it was. Also meanwhile, both County inspectors and SDGE popped in and gave everybody a thumbs up.  But when I went out to pick up paperwork,  left side inverter had only character blocks on the first line of the display.  Green light was on solid.  Decided to recommence entire system and left side's display
worked fine after that, right side inverter continued to behave.  Checked alignment on display panel left side inverter, it was positioned on the pins correctly, and of course, it has been working before and is displaying now.
Just the trouble in the beginning and this past Saturday with the character blocks.

Now the Homeowner feels like the inverter is not working, even if it is of course, since he can't determine kwh for the day, etc. when this happens.  The hour count was only off by 1.  And etotal was pretty close too, so again, i think both sides are putting out to the grid.  Would a new display panel solve this?  Things to check?  Or does John get one of these units back after all?  Strange that we'd get a pair of display panel problems, especially after bragging about how SMA inverters are practically free from anomalies like this!

Peter
ASAP POWER! / 1AU, Inc

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com