New Topica headers [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Thu Dec 19 13:01:06 PST 2002

Hello Wrenches. All Topica member list email is now coming marked with the headers you see quoted below.

Do not fear, this is a new system designed to help determine if a piece of email is spam. In brief, a user like Topica can apply to have their mail determined legit, then they can include these headers. Theoretically ISPs will let all mail with these headers go by, even if the mail fails other spam tests. Kind of the reverse of the more common strategies which filter out based on headers or content.

Some of you will not notice the new headers, because internally many email programs are set to not show them. The new version of Eudora is set to not show them, but at least in mine, this feature is broken so I am seeing them.

At least they use Haiku to keep it interesting.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Never give up, but know when to quit."
			unknown