SB 2500 rescue [RE-wrenches]

keith kcronin at lava.net
Thu Dec 12 13:12:07 PST 2002

Hello Wrenches

I want to take my rice patty hat off to the crew at SMA.  We did an
install last week of two SB2500's. Friday at 5 pm on the final hookup of
one of the SB2500 inverters, she wasn't feeling too good.  Turns out,
she was broken and wasn't interested in getting out of the ground fault
mode.  I tried all of the troubleshooting methods; flopping the array
wires, disco wires etc. Monday at 10 am Hawaiian Standard Time, I called
SMA, whom most of the gang was eating wieners at the corporate retreat
in Germany.  There was help there at the California office.  Not only
did we get someone, but they responded rapidly.  I found this very
appealing, and so did my client. Sure enough, the UPS truck pulled up on
Wednesday, at 1 pm with a replacement.  If you have ever lived here, you
know that it was an extremely quick turn around for Hawaiian standards
.
We installed the new one, and she was happy to connect and be the
liaison between the panels and the grid.

Cheers to SMA for rapidly addressing a warranty issue.

Keith Cronin
Island Energy Solutions
318 A Kuulei Road
Kailua, Hawaii 96734