Plans for Solar Factory Halted [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 13 09:49:04 PST 2002

Special thanks to all of the Wrenches who supported our plan for an
inner-city solar factory.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For information contact:
Joel Davidson 310-202-7882

Plans for Solar Factory Halted

Los Angeles, CA, November 13, 2002 - Joel Davidson announced today that
plans for a new solar electric panel factory in Los Angeles have been
halted. Davidson, a solar advocate and industry expert, said, “Everyone
likes the idea of a solar factory and more inner-city jobs, but we were
unable to get the investment money needed for startup.”

Davidson added, “The solar market is booming, but some solar companies
are automating production and laying off workers. How can people who are
out of work buy solar panels? We wanted to reverse this short-sighted
trend and create more jobs.”

Asked what his plans are, Davidson said, “I enjoy consulting to cities,
architects, engineers and contractors on new solar projects. I did the
conceptual design for several California solar power systems including
the Santa Monica Pier, the Anaheim Convention Center and the recently
dedicated 81,000 square feet solar carport at the San Diego Naval Base.
These projects save millions of dollars in electric bills and do not
pollute. Society needs more electricity and a cleaner environment so
there will be plenty of new solar power projects.”

- end -

(Notice: This press release is for information only and is not an
advertisement or general solicitation for an offer or invitation to sell
or issue, or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for, any
shares in Spectrum Solar.)

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm