DC metering [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Oct 15 10:29:41 PDT 2002

Greetings all,

I have a school teacher requesting good metering for a battery testing
project.  They have built a couple small electric cars that they take
down to regional races in Iowa.  One of the projects for this year is to
test different batteries including pre-warming the batts and doing acid
boosts (apparently legal in these races).

He was asking about computer interfacing an AH meter, more specifically
the E-meter Choice with RS232 port.  I also mentioned the old OmniMeter
(Powermaster?) and then was wondering if Brand was in the mix?  Doesn't
Ethan do some custom stuff (anyone know his email)?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -