SW transfer relay [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Thu Oct 3 03:44:06 PDT 2002

Wrenches,
   My customer has reported numerous episodes of his SW4024 shutting down
with "input relay error" light.  He has to go out to his power shed and turn
the inverter back on.  It is related to the generator input and happens when
the generator is coming on line.  This inverter has been tortured with
numerous pieces of junk he called "generators" before I was able to sell him
a good one.  I finally was able to witness the failure when we were testing a
propane conversion on his new Yamaha generator.  I'm assuming that the relay
must be failing to switch properly but I  don't understand why the inverter
is shutting down.  Any ideas?  My solution seems to be to pull the inverter
and send it for repair but since it works OK after turning it back on, I am
hesitant to pull it without having a better idea why this is happening. Has
anyone experienced this problem?

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar and Wind

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com