Applied Power news [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Aug 27 18:45:11 PDT 2002

Wrenches,
I was told today by Eric Wilt of Schott Applied Power that they have
completely shut down all retail operations, and are concentrating on dealer
support. Their web site www.solarelectric.com supports this. This doesn't
affect us very much in Nuevo Mexico, but it surely affects California
wrenches. I know we are not alone in objecting to distributors who sell
around their dealers.

I started using AEE years ago as a source for the hard-to-find stuff to keep
mainly offgridders supplied--everything from DC halogen bulbs to battery
interconnects to 24V time switch relays--the stuff nobody else stocked. We
also use their generic-cover catalog for walk-in folks who ask for a
catalog, as it's well-written and uses straight retail prices. I, for one,
hope that they continue both practices. Plus I wanted to help Dave Katz keep
his freak flag flying, and support the economy of the Emerald Triangle,
where much of our industry got started.

Allan at Positive E

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com