PV orientation [RE-wrenches]

Joe Schwartz, Home Power joe.schwartz at homepower.com
Thu Aug 22 08:17:46 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Hey all,

I'm looking for real world data on PV orientation vs. KWH production.
 From what I've seen, much of the current orientation advice
(especially on-grid) is based on F-Chart simulations.

Have any of you collected KWH output data for systems with arrays in
multiple orientations at a particular site? And if you have, how
closely does the data correspond to simulation programs, i.e. F-Chart?

To keep it simple, I'd to limit the scope of this question to systems
with an array/inverter in any given orientation (not arrays with
different orientations feeding a single inverter). I'd also like to
ignore orientation considerations that may be based on economics,
like TOU metering. I'm just after KWH output data vs. orientation.

Thanks,

Joe
--

Joe Schwartz - CEO and Technical Editor