Deep Well Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Wed Jun 5 10:16:24 PDT 2002

Hi Allan;

I just discussed your problem well again with Solamotor this morning.
Regardless of which pump you choose, you definitely need to perform a
recharge test of this well. Any pump is going to malfunction if it is
allowed to run dry. Also it will be difficult to design a system and
predict its efficiency when the pump may begin pumping at a head of 260 ft
and after a few hours may end up with a head of 450 ft or run dry. Further,
the electronic dry run switches often won't work properly, especially if
the upper perforations are dripping water back on the sensor. It will read
as if submerged, even though the well is empty. A well test may determine
this well isn't even worth putting a pump on it. Spending thousands of
dollars on a well that produces less than a hundred gallons a day doesn't
make economic sense.
Its very possible that much of the trouble you experienced before with the
Sunrise on this well was actually related to the poor recharge rate. Look
at the chart for the pump you were using and see what the performance was
at 450 ft. You may have exceeded its max. rated head even before it ran dry.

Just some thoughts to consider,

Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com