Unlreaible Products (was Whisper 175 Comments) [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Thu Apr 18 07:45:08 PDT 2002

It looks like Whisper needs to build a better machine.

After a recent experience with Bergey that cost me thousands in lost revenue
I am really wondering if letting someone else sell turbines is going to be
my policy.  After a little research, it appears that no RE equipment
manufacturer has a policy to reimburse labor to reinstall failed products.
This is not the case in my commercial and industrial electrical business.
When products fail I have always been reimbursed for my labor.  Of course I
realize that is an entirely different industry.  Very few of their products
fail and the companies have much deeper pockets.  Sometimes it was the
supply house who paid (in credits on my account) to keep from losing my
business, but typically the manufacturer has taken care of me.

Until we have manufacturers who quit selling products that have little or no
field testing and are willing to fully stand behind their products we are
not an "Industry".  I'm not excited about eating labor for manufacturers
problems nor will I sell products that I have a strong suspicion are going
to put me in that situation.  I'll let someone else do the R&D.

O.K. I feel better now.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services

----------
>From: "Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems" <ellison at gisco.net>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: RE: Whisper 175 Comments [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Thu, Apr 18, 2002, 8:32 AM
>

>There is a Whisper 3000 up here that is a year old that has just lost it's
>tail. I didn't sell it. He spoke to me and didn't believe anything I told
>him and bought it all mail order. (16 T-105's and all....... Dodged a bullet
>on this one.
>
>Later,
>Bob
>
>RE. Ellison