Altair Energy in Missouri [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sat Mar 9 11:37:04 PST 2002

My experience with them is pretty similar Dana's.  Except they were called
Photovoltaic Service's Network (PSN, INC) back then in 1997.  Last I heard
the principal people involved were the same although.  They did at least one
workshop on solar water pumping for a fee that the Missouri DNR
(co)sponsored.  They were living off grant money's to set this program up
then trying to make money by selling equipment on the side.  I asked the
point blank about what appeared to some really slippery business practices
and they had some really slick answer that was in the same class as some of
Slick Willy's answers.  They really gave me a bad impression of themselves
and what they were trying to do.  I threw away all of their stuff about 6
months ago when I moved into my new shop.

Same big time deal was offered to me.  Except, it started off as 2%.  When
they say I wasn't interested in that they dug deep and bumped it up to 4%!
I think I was supposed to guarantee a flat installation fee (less than $200)
regardless of the distance I had to travel plus throw in a free site
analysis.  Minimum of two days work for $200 or less.  I was supposed to be
exclusive to them but they would sell to anyone and of course they would
sell directly to end users.  I think they asked me to buy advertising for
them out of my own pocket with no allowance.  Talking to them was almost
surreal, it was like they were from Twilight Zone.  They just had no clue. I
kept waiting for Rod Sterling to show up to sum up the weirdness for me.

Looks like they are surviving (probably prospering) by "partnering" and
being "strategic allies" plus all the grant money they can get.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm