NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Sat Mar 2 08:35:01 PST 2002

Joel.

If your asking the question " why has SEIA rejected NABCEP"?  I'm afraid
I am not an "insider" on this one.

But I really think it should be obvious.

I work everyday with electricians holding  every license imaginable and
when I sleep in a motel I worry that these same people wired the place
and especially the smoke detectors.

NABCEP would simply add one more layer of beaurecracy to an all ready
over beaurocratised trade while adding  no true redeeming value for
anyone except for those who draw a salary running NABCEP.
I believe it was BobO who wisely felt that if the building inspectors
did more than warm a truck seat defects in installs would be rectified
before sign off.

That should be enough "nanny state hand holding"

Ask yourself this. Would a flunky installer be more inclined to do good
work after he is "red tagged" the fourth time for the same problem or
after passing a confusing test whose questions were created  by an
obsessive compulsive safety zealot.

Be aware that in my 20+ years of installs and designs I have been asked
if I am licensed or certified only twice by customers and that was only
to be reassured that in fact I did not have one and did not have to pass
on the extra overhead.
My reputation for quality work and honesty preceeds me and works better
than any certificate.

And to Baran.
Yes the Democrats rhetoric........... appears........... to support
renewables more than the Republicans.

(who cares? Remove ALL subsidies from ALL energy sources and let the
free market decide after rigid environmental restrictions are placed on
Mr Fossil Fuels that even up the playing field.
A quick look affirms that old ..........DEMOCRAT ...........Billy Bob
Clinton was surgically attached at the hip with our pals at Enron)

Democrats  are still in my opinion "liberal left Leninists" and just as
dangerous as that implies.

But why would that comment infer that  I then support the "right wing
fossil fuel knee jerk Boss Tweed ,Rush Limb Knaw Republicans?

Remember that Mussilini made the trains run on time and Hitler created
full employment but that did not qualify them  as "more worthy of my
vote" any more than a Democrats joy ride in a "green" electric car.

Larry

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm