Residential Main Service Entrance Equipment [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Thu Feb 14 05:36:46 PST 2002

Wrenches:

In working with inverter manufacturers I find them to be quite amazed at the
service entrance equipment we use here.  I grew up in Michigan & Tennessee
so I went through the same thing 18 years ago.

In California, the most common configuration of main services is a
Meter/Main/Combination.  All in one, meter, main breaker & all the breakers
for the home mounted outside.

I know this is not how it is done elsewhere.  Could I get feedback from you
guys regarding what part of the country you are in and what type of main
service entrance equipment is common in your area?

I.E. - Michigan. Exterior Meter Socket, Interior Main Breaker and Load
Center

You can let me know off-list.

Thanks!

-Matt Lafferty