Edison batteries [RE-wrenches]

john at gosolar.co.nz john at gosolar.co.nz
Mon Jan 7 15:19:29 PST 2002

Hi there,

This may be duplicating a past listing, however....

I just picked up a new customer that took over an existing system. This
system is using Edison batteries.  The indentation on the battery case
is ED-120.

However the actual labels say thay are Edison Ni-Cads.  They come in a
pack of 5 per case. And they have a lid on the top for what appears to
be adding and checking electrolyte.

Anyone heard of these, how long do they last, what should individual
cell voltage be, what is the a/h rating?  Anything else I should know
about them.

What is confusing is that I thought that all Edison batteries were
Ni-Fe.

        thanks for any help provided,            John Veix

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com