sw quiry [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sun Dec 23 10:29:24 PST 2001

jay peltz wrote:

> If the new upgrade is just for the intertie market, then those inverters
> going off grid won't need it though.
   AND
> Doug Pratt wrote:

if the grid tie part of the SW is say less than 5%, why stop production?

Yes, but as I mentioned before, not evey SW sold to the off-grid market
is necessarily going to remain off-grid.  Power lines get extended and
people's power plans change.  I've got one SW system installed in a home
that is grid connected.  The owner has it in LBX but is trying to
operate his home as an off-grid stand-alone home.  He did pay the big
dollars however for an inverter that can(?) be grid-tied at some point
in the future.

Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com