SW4024 arcing [RE-wrenches]

Tom Elliot telliot at wagonmaker.com
Sat Dec 15 15:08:46 PST 2001

Chuck,

"Heatsink overtemp" is the error message I got last year when my older Trace
fried some fets due to generator overvoltage.  Is it possible that one of
the 4024's is a Series 1 chassis?  That was the source of my problem and may
explain why one failed and the other didn't.  When Trace rebuilt mine they
swore up and down that the problem could not happen again as the new
firmware and fet boards were built to prevent it.

Tom