Converting a Generac gaurdian to remote start [RE-wrenches]

Bill Hoffer Billhoffer at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:51:41 PST 2001

To all who may need to know:
A while back, I had asked if anyone had experience converting a Generac
Gardian to remote start .  After much digging and many phone conversations I
discovered a poorly documented dip switch (and well hidden) on the control
board that when it is switched it converts the start from automatic start
upon seeing a drop in the 240 VAC (Utility) power to a closable remote start
switch wired to the SW inverters (terminals 183 and 178 on the generator).
Switch dip switch numberd two to the on position(opposite the factory
position).  The control board is found under the manual auto switch plate
after minor disassembly of the entire control side of the generator.  This
switches  the control of the generator from the 240VAC circuit to the remote
switch (inverter).  Works great now under full control of the inverter.   My
understanding is that all but the oldest Generacs have this switch even
though details are not included in the manual.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com