third Party Installations [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Thu Nov 8 07:38:39 PST 2001

Bob-O & I just got back yesterday from a remote off-grid home with gear
purchased by a dot com and installed by a local electrician. Among many other
problems, we found the PV disconnect up on the roof mounted in a way so as to
shade several of the PV's!

Yes, standard "rope pullers" can probably follow a diagram and connect wire "A"
to location "B", but I feel it is far better if they actually understand what
they are doing and why they are doing it. Obviously this guy didn't "get" that
PV's need sunlight to work. This guy's missing this basic concept illustrates
the point that it is best to have actual RE wrenches doing installations.

Todd

> I have been involved professionally for over 29 years in the energy
> conservation field and taught at hundreds of different educational solar
> programs at many different levels, and I can truly say, I have NEVER run
> into the level of "we don't want you in our club house" attitude that I have
> found with several members of this group.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com