In floor heating with Aquastar water heater [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Mon Oct 29 18:30:30 PST 2001

Bob, hydronic heating CAN be done with the "L" model Aquastar, but I
frankly don't recommend it highly. By the time you add the storage tank,
aquastat, pump, sensors, fill valves, safety bits and pieces, and then
plumb it all together, you'll have spent as much as a REAL boiler,
probably more, and it won't be a pretty sight. It can be done, and
Controlled Energy will be happy to tell you how, but it's really not the
right tool for the job. Boilers come off the shelf with most all the
pumps, controls, and safety stuff already installed, and you end up with
tidy installation.

Doug Pratt
Real Goods Technical Editor