Hot Water Software [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Thu Oct 4 09:30:50 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
>Hullo there,
>
>I have need to run the numbers on a pool heating system using solar water
>panels.
>
>I have tried  ...

I talked to Charlie Cromer at Florida Solar Energy Center. He's a
respected authority on solar pool heating. They have a pool heating
software package for sale but it is based only on climate data for
Florida. He says it would take a lot of work by somebody who knows
the system to work in data from other regions.

He said that the US Dept. of Energy had software called RESPECT,
which stands for REsidential Solar Pool something. It is 10 years old
and hasn't been maintained. He didn't sound very enthused about its
practicality.

I would check with some of the pool collector manufacturers next.

Please keep us all informed if you find out anything, Carl.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm