outdoor compact flourescents [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Wed Oct 3 10:05:22 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Drake,
In my opinion, no. I suspect it's just because no one thought about
very small systems when that piece of the Code was written. If
someone did think about it, they possibly concluded that because
batteries have such a high short circuit current, a large conductor
was needed to prevent melt down. There may be something to that, but
if so, I question whether 2/0 would be large enough!
There is a different Code requirement that says that you can't
parallel wires less than 1/0. Kinda the same thing. No one considered
paralleling for voltage drop in low voltage DC systems. Hopefully at
some point down the road, those things will be addressed.
Best, bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044