PV module temp [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Sep 25 13:24:10 PDT 2001

Bill,

It's about 2' off the asphalt shingled roof.

Smitty, you're the one who taught me to insulate those 10k sensors!  Of
course that's on the thermal stuff.

That's a good idea Jay.  I'll try that.  I've got one channel for the PV.
One for the ambient temp.  One each for the thermal inlet and outlet on the
roof.  My new shop has radiant in floor heat tied into 160ft2 (5- 4x8's) of
thermal along with passive solar and over a kW of PV.  I don't plan on
needing any supplemental heat when the sun shines and we'll see how many
days of clouds I can coast through this winter.  This will be the first
year.

Thanks all

Travis

----------

----------

----------
>From: jay peltz <jay at asis.com>

>Hi Travis,
>
>I bet its pretty close, but why not try using another channel that is attached
>but not insulated just next to the other sensor.  That should give you a close
>idea of whats happening.
>
>jay

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com