PV module temp [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 08:09:01 PDT 2001

Travis,

The most important thing is good thermal contact. Often a heat conducting
paste may be used if there is concern over good contact. If you have good
contact, insulating the back side of the sensor might be in order, but not
the area around the contact point. 140 F is quite normal for moderate days.
Roof-mounted arrays can get much hotter than 140 F. How high off the roof is
it mounted?

Bill.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm