PV as an investment [RE-wrenches]

graham at solarexpert.com graham at solarexpert.com
Sun Sep 23 12:59:02 PDT 2001

Dear Jim,

I just finished reading and enjoying your very thoughtful and eloquent
views regarding our need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and
increase our use of solar electricity, on your web page
http://www.homestead-specialties.com/hs_captive_nation2.html

Thank you.

With that said, I live in Southern California and the vast majority of
our electricity is generated by burning coal and natural gas.  Both of
which we have readily available domestically.  I am much more deeply
troubled by the harmful environmental impact as opposed to societal harm
from this dependence on carbon-based energy.   I do agree with you that
our country would be a much better place if solar power was utilized on
a much greater scale. It constantly troubles me that in a city the size
of Los Angeles probably less than 2% of the population has even heard
the word Photovoltaic, let alone pronounce it.

I have found tremendous value provided by the wrenches forum and I am
truly appreciative of Mr. Welch for his moderation.  I have a small
solar company in southern California and I will continue to grow my
business for another 30 years, and I am very excited about the
advancements we will all see evolve in our industry. I also truly enjoy
reading the views and technical expertise provided to this forum from
the long time leaders of the solar industry, many of whom I have admired
for a number of years.

I have started putting my personal views on a web page and I would be
very grateful for any feedback both positive and negative.  This web
page is still in draft stage and will be added to as I become more
enlightened.  http://www.solarexpert.com/future.html

Graham Owen

Jim Hartley wrote:

> Steve Willey has noted that the commentary I put togther in its original
>
> from is not conducive to printing should anyone want to to use it in
> printed form.  Here's another version that can be printed.
> You can remove the personalized HTML at the bottom if you want too.
>
> http://www.homestead-specialties.com/hs_captive_nation2.html
>

> Jim Hartley
> http://www.homestead-specialties.com
> JamesHartley at homestead-specialties.com