SW Efficiency/ PWM Angle Adjustment [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 19 09:25:33 PDT 2001

Joel and Ezra,

I am glad to hear Joel's experience corroborated my findings. This is a fix
only necessary for ETL-listed units operating in Sell mode with the grid. It
is unlikely Trace will issue a tech bulletin on this subject since it
encourages entrance into the tech menus which can be dangerous if other
settings are changed. However, there is a very real performance benefit that
results.

For all those that want to "hop up" their inverters and make them run
better--this is a big help. Especially if the system has an array larger
than 3000 Watts STC. Remember this was a programming error that was not
discovered until we started putting lots of these units on the grid.

I guess this proves to all those who doubted that the suggestion was not an
official Xantrex communication. Be assured that if you make this change, it
will make your inverter last longer, not shorter, and more of your precious
PV electrons will be converted into useful electricity.

Bill.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com