Bus Bars on batteries [RE-wrenches]

Tom Elliot telliot at wagonmaker.com
Mon Sep 17 15:15:36 PDT 2001

Bill,

I certainly understand your concerns, I expressed the same ones to the folks
I bought the buss equipment from.  However they were quite confident such a
setup would work in a typical RE installation.  The equipment I used is
designed to handle many times the current loads I could ever place on it and
the cable is very much overspec'ed.

There are few RE installations that put anything like the load on their
systems and battery banks as a typical telco installation and a telco system
is installed in just the manner I installed mine.

BTW, my bank is completely covered, none of that stuff is exposed.  I just
left off the outside of the box for the pictures.

If you think about it you will realize that the loads on individual strings,
cables and the system as a whole in my installation is far better
distributed and able to handle max loads than a typical series/parallel
installation.

As for 48 volt systems, I see the point about 2 volt cells.

Tom