Bus Bars on batteries [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Sep 17 13:05:39 PDT 2001

Hi Tom,

Agreed for 12 and 24 volt systems but loosing 2 volts on a 48 system can be
easily dealt with.  Remove the bad 2 volt cell (and hope they really will
stand behind that 5 yr non-prorated warranty)  then adjust the charge
controller and inverter parameters for the missing 2 volts until you get the
replacement cell.

Travis
----------
>From: Tom Elliot <telliot at wagonmaker.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Bus Bars on batteries [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Mon, Sep 17, 2001, 2:34 PM
>

>Travis, the problem I have with 2 volt cells is that you are trying to
>overcome the shortcomings of "parallelism" by introducing another weakness.
>The failure of any one 2 volt cell in such a large series installation
>renders most, if not all, of the bank, unusable.
>
>What I like about my system is that I can have as many series strings
>connected to my system as I want even if a battery or two should fail I
>still have most of the capacity of my system available.
>
>Tom

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm