Another off topic--sorry Michael [RE-wrenches]

info at backwoodssolar.com info at backwoodssolar.com
Fri Sep 14 17:23:26 PDT 2001

Backwoods solar had that same order for 9 DR inverters from NY yesterday. He
said he wanted to work on relief efforts without generator noise, so he knew
something, but the order of 9 with no cables, fuses or batteries was
suspicious.  We tried for hours to contact the bank service security people
but could get little help. We realized he fit all the profiles on the bank's
warning paper about unusual orders, a great hurry, name not matching the
card etc.  There was a number to call on the paper, but the people there
knew nothing of the warning paper, or how to handle it!  So we the
"customer" we could not get the card to go through.... though it actually
had. We cancelled and refunded. Should have posted something for you folks
then, but we never did confirm that it was not legitimate until I saw Chris'
message.
Steve Willey
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com