searching for news of Sunny Boy [RE-wrenches]

mmangelsdorf at hei.com mmangelsdorf at hei.com
Sun Sep 9 15:47:18 PDT 2001

William,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.  What about using BP 2150s while you're
waiting (it could be a rather long wait, I hear) for Siemens to start
cranking out their SP 130s and 150s?  I spoke with John Berdner recently and
he told me that the minimum number of 24 VDC nominal modules required for
the 2500 is nine in series.

marco

Marco:

I have one SB2500 installed.  It was a replacement for an ST2500 that had
low efficiency.  The SB is clean, quiet, relatively efficient (10% greater
than ST2500) and very red.  I like the product.

I am waiting for the service style serial interface so I can check out the
metering.

This unit is designed to use a string configured PV connection.  This
increases location options as the inverter need not be located as close to
the array.  It requires handling higher PV voltages, requiring a 600 VDC
rated disconnect.  Use the GE THN2261RBDC or Square D  HU361R.  It also
requires an outboard disconnect breaker for the output.  The built in
breakers and GFI were a strong point for the ST.

The configuration has this disadvantage:  The only available unit is 2500
watts.  It requires 24 12 volt nominal modules in series.  It has been
difficult for us to put together a scaleable package--one in which the
client can start with a smaller array and increase as funds allow.  We are
waiting for some 24 V Siemens modules to become available so we can play
with using 12 24 volt modules in series.

If the client needs or wants a smaller system, none is currently available.

Marco, please keep us all posted on how this project works out.

William Miller

At 01:08 PM 9/7/01 -1000, you wrote:
>Wrenches,
>
>I'm planning on putting in a Sunny Boy 2500 over here in the islands for a
>residential application.  Any news/views/observations/feedback from those
of
>you who (Baran?) have installed one would be much appreciated.  It looks
>good and simple on paper.
>
>thanks,
>marco
>
>Marco Mangelsdorf, Ph.D.
>Marketing and Sales
>ProVision Technologies, Inc.
>69 Railroad Avenue, Suite A-7
>Hilo, Hawaii 96720 USA
>(808) 969-3281, fax 934-7462
>www.provisiontechnologies.com

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

- - - -