Green Mountain Solar [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Wed Sep 5 10:53:07 PDT 2001

When we put our suburban Chicago home up for sale 3.5 years ago, it was the
only one within 40 -50 miles. We received no offers for 3 months. While
they were up, the deal was people could buy them with the house (at a fair,
but not fire sale price), or we would remove them prior to them moving in.

Received an offer the day after we took the panels down. (They are now in
our side yard in VT, working great.)

As a lister (part time assessor) in VT, we find that off-grid homes with
decent systems sell for prices a little less than similar on-grid houses
without systems. We have not yet had a test of an on-grid sale that I know
of. We have yet to see a premium of any size. I certainly can see the day
when this changes, but it's a little premature to (accurately) market
increased home value as a selling point around here.

Jeff

On Wednesday, September 05, 2001 10:55 AM, Joel Davidson
[SMTP:joeldavidson at earthlink.net] wrote:
> In California, PV is property tax exempt and the price of the PV system
adds
> value to the home or business as a home improvement. Well-done PV systems
> enhance the resale value of the home.
>
> During the time I did 110 4kW PV systems for the Sacramento Municipal
Utility

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com