Overvoltage problem on Trace SW after lightning [RE-wrenches]

Kent Sheldon kent.sheldon at xantrex.com
Wed Sep 5 10:14:40 PDT 2001

Windy/Ray, Steve Higgins at Xantrex Arlington caught our thread. This is
apparently a known issue on the SW4048(? on the exact model) when they
experience a voltage surge, especially with lightning and questionable
grounding. Some diodes on the front end of the voltage regulation circuit
can fail and cause the system to regulate around 150Vrms. Knowing that the
scope and the true rms meters are reading this value, it sounds like this
unit needs to be R&R'd before any damage occurs to any of the loads. Please
contact Steve or Dean in Arlington for further clarification. 360-435-8826
#2226 Steve, 360-435-8826 #2220 Dean.

Regards

Kent Sheldon
Sales and Marketing Manager
Distributed Industrial & Utilities Markets
Xantrex Technology Inc.
Direct 925 245 5463 - Fax 925 245 1022
kent.sheldon at xantrex.com  www.xantrex.com