Chargers and RFI [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Sun Sep 2 13:33:08 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Hiya Carl,
I'm with Richard on looking into the B.Z. Products. They have an
small, inexpensive FET controlled slam-bang (no PWM) which should
work fine. They also give you a pot to adjust finish voltage,
something Morningstar doesn't/won't do. A Morningstar techie told me
once that "Our engineers have determined the best voltage set points
and adjustability is unnecessary."  Hey, with that attitude, THEIR
engineers can stuff 'em where the sun don't shine.
bob-O

>Hullo there...
>
>I have to look into solar chargers for a telecommunications site with very
>sensitive radio gear.
>
>They have used the Morningstar Sunsaver range with some success in the past,
>generally the PWM types are too noisy.
>
>We are talking typically about 2 x SP75's with a couple of L16's supplying a
>small but sensitive repeater.
>
>Any suggestions on very low noise regulators ??
>
>Thanks
>
>Carl Emerson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com