Deep Well (400'-600' TDH) Water Pumping [RE-wrenches]

info at backwoodssolar.com info at backwoodssolar.com
Fri Aug 24 07:19:49 PDT 2001

Travis: Those de wells can be a problem.  I just naturally resist the idea
of a dual inverter system at 240 for a "weekend cabin"  or a dedicated PV
system for the pump.  Both of these [produce far more power and water than
they are likely to need, unless cost is of no consequence.  But you did say
"least expensive way".

Consider that a far smaller PV system would probably me all other needs, and
a generator and large storage tank could handle the water. Gravity from
there if possible (as low as 10 pounds works if you design the plumbing
right) or a secondary DC pumps and pressure tank is more often needed.  The
cost then is way reduced, you can put the funds toward a true sine inverter
with a good charger and get the odds of DR inverters off your back, if the
customer is willing to run the gen to fill the tank once a weekend.
Steve Willey
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com