Micro-sine units [RE-wrenches]

James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering j.lamb at pecorp.com
Thu Aug 16 06:56:35 PDT 2001

John
The microsines have fins on them for cooling. I have taken 2 small bolts
where the head on the bolt fits between the fins of the microsine. I then
take a washer and a nut which tightens the bolt to the fins on the
microsine. The shaft of the bolt extends out where you can attach the bolt
with an additional nut to the metal frame of the collector. This mounts the
microsine in the air under the collector so it can cool. I think glueing is
not a pernament setup.
I have taken the 24 volt wires from 2,  60 watt solarex collectors and
brought them down to an interior location in the home and mounted the
microsine on an electrical box. This enables me to check the microsine to
see if it is working since it is only warm to the touch. The microsines love
the much cooler environment.
Attaching a DPDT switch to the 24 volt collector wires would enable you to
direct power to the  24 volt batteries of a UPS system for continious power
in an extended power outage. Note you must have proper fusing and a charge
control but at least you can have some power in an extended outage.  For
myself I found this to be the best of both worlds
Jim Lamb
Middlefork Engineering
> ----------
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone had any experience 'gluing' a microsine bracket unit to the
> back of a panel - isn't that a bit tackey ? (pardon the pun).
>
> How does anyone attach them normally?
>
>             thanks,                John Veix,    N.Z.
>
> - - - -

> List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com